KITEE is pleased to announce that it will host the 4th Idea Pitch Competition on October 5, 2020. This year, it will be held over the virtual conference. The competition aims to promote entrepreneurship of Korean-American scientists, engineers, and students with a compelling idea that can establish a promising startup. The eligibility and competition details are as follows:
Competition Date & Time: Monday, October 5, 2020 at 8 PM (EDT)
- 6-minute virtual presentation either in English or in Korean, followed by 4-minute Q&A by the panel of judges.
- KSEA or KITEE member as of September 27, 2020
- New members are welcome! As long as you applied for either KSEA or KITEE membership by the above date, you are eligible to enter the competition.
- Any startups raised the funds less than $300,000 as of October 5, 2020
- Anyone with a compelling startup idea, or startups established within last 3 years
• 1st place: $2,000 cash prize (sponsored by KOSEN) plus KITEE Startup Mentoring Service package included company formation, technology advising, business plan, legal, accounting, finance, fundraising, marketing & channel introduction until the company grows to the next phase of business.
• 2nd place: $500 cash prize
• Idea Award: $500 cash prize
How to Apply:
• Submit a one-page description to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27, 2020 with the following:
- Your startup's value proposition
- Problem(s) your product and/or service is solving
Download One-Pager Template
• Finalists will showcase their innovative solution, idea, or technology and will be assessed by a panel of judges on site.
DOWNLOAD EVALUATION RUBRIC
• Each will have a total of 10 minutes (6 minutes to pitch and 4 minutes for Q&A with the panel).
DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION TEMPLATE
• Confidentiality: Protection of intellectual property (IP) is up to the contestant.