Call for Participation: The NRC 2019 Idea Pitch Competition
The KSEA Northeast Regional Conference (NRC) and KITEE hold the second NRC Idea Pitch Competition on May 2nd, 2019 during the NRC 2019 at LG Electronics USA in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. This competition aims to promote entrepreneurship of Korean-American scientists, engineers, and students studying engineering and science and encourage them to pursue building a promising startup. Of the many that apply, selected budding entrepreneurs will go head-to-head to compete individually or as a team to win an award of $2,000 plus continuous assistance, upon requests, from KITEE Angel Committee in various areas including formation, business plan, fundraising, legal, accountant and financial, marketing & channel introduction, and related technologies until they grow to the next phase of business.
Scope & Eligibility
• Any compelling idea for business that has not been commercialized yet
• Any KSEA and KITEE member as of April 29th, 2019 (at least one KSEA or KITEE member)
• Has received under US$300K in funding
• Is less than 3 years old as of May 2nd, 2019
Winners (Up to 3):
• 1st place: $2,000 plus, upon requests, continuous assistance from KITEE
• 2nd place: $500
• Idea Award: $500
How to Apply:
• By April 29th, submit a one-page description to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your startup's value proposition
- Problem(s) your product and/or service is solving
Download One-Pager Template
• Finalists will showcase their innovative solution, idea, or technology and will be assessed by a panel of judges on site.
DOWNLOAD EVALUATION RUBRIC
• Each will have a total of 10 minutes (6 minutes to pitch and 4 minutes for Q&A with the panel).
DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION TEMPLATE
• Confidentiality: Protection of intellectual property (IP) is up to the contestant.