Provide professional help for current & potential startup entrepreneurs
Idea Pitch Competition
Connect entrepreneurs and seasoned innovators & business mentors
Potential partners with different expertise and investors
Dear KSEA members,
We are excited that STEPUP 2022 is two weeks away. Thank you to all who already signed up the event. We are pleased to extend the Early Registration Deadline to Friday May 13 to encourage our members take full advantage of the benefit. Please note that the deadline for in-person registration has been moved to Friday, May 13 (by noon) in order to adequately prepare for the event. Please see below and attached Flyer for the event details and we look forward to meeting you at the in-person and virtual event.
- Presentations from leading experts in the field of “Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT)” and “Healthcare in the Digital Era”
- Free tour to ‘the Cure, a new Biotech-focused incubator in NYC on May 24
- Travel and lodging support for In-person attendees
- Additional travel support and networking event (5/25 dinner) for YG/YP members
- Daily raffle and networking session for virtual attendees
The KSEA proudly announce its 3rd “Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Partners’ Upscale Program (STEP-UP 2022)” which will take place in Edgewater NJ from May 23 to 26, 2022.The STEP-UP aims to promote and enrich the entrepreneurship & partnership activities among KSEA members and other stakeholders. This year’s theme is Healthcare Entrepreneurship, with special emphasis on “Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT)” and “Healthcare in the Digital Era”, both of which are driving paradigm shifts in medicine. The STEP-UP 2022 offers lectures from the experts the field including the introduction of the CGT and Digital Health, US regulations, Laws, Investments, and leading start-ups. The STEP-UP 2022 will feature lectures from industry, academic and government professionals on topics such as the introduction to CGT and Digital Health, US regulatory affairs, legislation, investments, and prominent start-up presentations. We have a leading industry expert, Donghoon Lee, MBA, Executive Vice President, SK Holdings, as a keynote speaker. We are also offering a free group tour to the Cure, a new Biotech-focused incubator in NYC on May 24. We are confident that the event will provide a fantastic opportunity to learn about this emerging sector while also networking with experts. Program details can be found in the attached flyer or our event website. The STEP-UP 2022 will be held as in-person/virtual hybrid format. KSEA encourages you to attend in-person. In-person attendee will receive travel and lodging support.
Date: May 23 – 26, 2022
Venue: Courtyard by Marriott Edgewater NYC Area (3 Pembroke Pl, Edgewater, NJ 07020)
- Registration opens: April 22, 2022
- Early Registration Due: May 13, 2022
- In-person registration closed: May 13, 2022 (Close at Noon)
- Virtual registration closed: May 21, 2022
- Regular Registration: $250
- Early registration or Entrepreneurship discount: ($100)
- KSEA member discount:
o Undergraduate/Graduate Students, Postdocs, and YG/YP members: $125 (Supported by -KUSCO)
o Regular Members: $100
o Virtual only discount: $150 for all members
Support for In-person Attendees (Current KSEA membership and attendance to the sessions are required):
- Airfare up to $200 or driving mileage ($0.50/mile) up to $200
- Hotel accommodation: Four night (Mon, May 23th ~ Thu, May 26th), Shared room (2 people/room)
- Meals: Networking banquet 5/26
- Additional support YG/YP participants (additional $100 travel support, networking dinner)
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for in-person attendance
For more detailed information, please refer to, firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries, please contact email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you soon at the event.
IL Minn, Ph.D., STEP-UP Chair
Brian B. Park, Ph.D., KSEA President
Jeho Park, Ph.D., STEP-UP Co-Chair
Kevin Kim, STEP-UP Co-Chair
Stella Kim, M.S., STEP-UP Co-Chair
Kwangrok Kim, M.S., STEP-UP Co-Chair
KITEE Year-end Party 2021
Hello KITEE members and friends,
We hope all is well with you and your family during these challenging times. In order to celebrate the successful seventh year of KITEE as your organization, we will have an year-end event as follows:
Session I: Reception & Summit (6:00 pm)
Session II: Dinner, KITEE Review, & Introduction (7:00 pm)
Session III: Entertainment & raffles (8:30 pm ~ 9:00 pm)
Registration fee: $20 per person. Payment by check or cash or on-site. We will contact you with the payment instruction after your registration.
(An 8-course dinner and wine will be provided. A small gift will also be prepared for each family.)
We would like to thank our generous sponsors, Samsung, SK, and KOSME for their continuous support for KITEE events.
Both you and your spouse are cordially invited to the party. Enter 2 in the number of guests if you come to the party with your spouse. RSVP is strictly required. Please RSVP here (whether you can make it or not) by 12/06/2021 so that the Committee can better prepare for the event.
GO RSVP : Click here >>> RSVP KITEE Year End Event
We look forward to seeing you at the KITEE Year-end party.
Kyeong Ho Yang, KITEE President
Dong Sung Suk, KITEE Chairmanview more
The 4th KITEE Idea Pitch Competition
KITEE is pleased to announce that it will host the 4th Idea Pitch Competition on October 5, 2020. This year, it will be held over the virtual conference. The competition aims to promote entrepreneurship of Korean-American scientists, engineers, and students with a compelling idea that can establish a promising startup. The eligibility and competition details are as follows:
Competition Date & Time: Monday, October 5, 2020 at 8 PM (EDT)
- 6-minute virtual presentation either in English or in Korean, followed by 4-minute Q&A by the panel of judges.
- KSEA or KITEE member as of September 27, 2020
- New members are welcome! As long as you applied for either KSEA or KITEE membership by the above date, you are eligible to enter the competition.
- Any startups raised the funds less than $300,000 as of October 5, 2020
- Anyone with a compelling startup idea, or startups established within last 3 years
• 1st place: $2,000 cash prize (sponsored by KOSEN) plus KITEE Startup Mentoring Service package included company formation, technology advising, business plan, legal, accounting, finance, fundraising, marketing & channel introduction until the company grows to the next phase of business.
• 2nd place: $500 cash prize
• Idea Award: $500 cash prize
How to Apply:
• Submit a one-page description to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27, 2020 with the following:
- Your startup's value proposition
- Problem(s) your product and/or service is solving
• Finalists will showcase their innovative solution, idea, or technology and will be assessed by a panel of judges on site.
• Each will have a total of 10 minutes (6 minutes to pitch and 4 minutes for Q&A with the panel).
• Confidentiality: Protection of intellectual property (IP) is up to the contestant.view more
to Technology entrepreneurs
재미 한인 IT 엔지니어, 기업인 머리 맞댄다
Money Today (Korea), 5/22/2015. Click here for the article.